New Urban Arts is hiring a Development and Communications Associate VISTA!
New Urban Arts seeks an associate with a strong interest in youth development, arts education, and innovative pedagogy to assist with fundraising, writing and content creation, database administration, and communications.
Program and Position Overview
New Urban Arts is a nationally recognized community-based art studio and gallery for high school students and emerging artists. Since 1997, we have served more than 3,000 Providence teens and 175 artists. Each year, our public programs reach over 3,000 visitors and participants. Our mission is to build a vital community that empowers young people as artists and leaders to develop a creative practice they can sustain throughout their lives.
New Urban Arts seeks a self-directed and highly motivated associate with strong written and verbal communication skills to assist in fund development, database administration, and communications. Associate will report directly to the Director of Development and will work in close collaboration with New Urban Arts’ broader community, staff, volunteers, youth participants, and board of directors. New Urban Arts is a collaborative work environment, and all staff should expect to support each other’s work and participate in high level conversations about New Urban Arts’ mission, vision, values, and pedagogy, as well as trends in youth development and arts education.
- Assist Director of Development in executing fund development plan, including grant research and writing, mail appeals, coordinating board and staff donor portfolios, helping manage donor relationships, and ensuring that donors are promptly and appropriately acknowledged
- Identify new funding opportunities consistent with organization’s mission
- Work with the communications committee of the board of directors to design and implement communications strategy
- Manage New Urban Arts’ web, email and print presence, including content creation for website and social media sites, creation of monthly e-newsletter, and assist with print publications
- Coordinate and implement public relation strategies, distribution of press releases, and event listings
- Help plan and manage fundraising events
- Maintain accurate records in database, including gift processing, gift tracking and reporting
Computer savvy, fundraising or grant writing experience, strong writing and editing skills, knowledge of communications best practices, team-oriented, CRM database experience, familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite, social media, graphic design skills a plus, Spanish a plus
July 21 (VISTA Pre-Service Orientation in Philadelphia) or August 4 (VISTA Pre-Service Orientation in Boston)
Please submit cover letter, resume, and (2) writing samples to email@example.com. Any selected candidate will be required to submit an application (including two completed references) to myAmeriCorps and be accepted for service by VISTA.
Download the full job description here