We’re hiring a VISTA to support program providers at NUA Knights! Download the job posting here, or read on:
NUA Knights Program Provider Support VISTA
Organization: New Urban Arts
Site Street and Address: 705 Westminster St, Providence RI 02903
Start Date: September 1
Reporting to: Tracy Jacques, NUA Knights Site Director
Yearly Living Stipend: $12,456 (paid bi-weekly)
Benefits: VISTA Living Stipend, Healthcare Benefit, End-of-Service Award or Education Award, Leave, Professional Development, Career Opportunities
New Urban Arts is a nationally recognized community-based art studio and gallery for high school students and emerging artists. Our mission is to build a vital community that empowers young people as artists and leaders to develop a creative practice they can sustain throughout their lives. In 2017, New Urban Arts worked with Central High School to launch NUA Knights, an after school and summer program specifically for Central students.
NUA Knights offers over 40 after school programs to students led by teachers, staff, community partners and other nonprofit organizations. Each year more than 600 students participate in these programs.
New Urban Arts and Central High School seek a highly motivated VISTA member. The VISTA will be stationed at Central High School and will report directly to the Central Site Director. They will also work in close collaboration with the New Urban Arts and Central High School community, staff, volunteers, and youth participants.
- Assist the NUA Knights Site Director in establishing and maintaining systems for engaging program providers in the day-to-day operations of an afterschool program.
- Assist in the support of program providers by building infrastructure to track HR paperwork and contracts, professional development opportunities, and payroll.
- Maintain up-to-date correspondence with program providers and Central High School staff.
- Build systems that account for two distinct groups of program providers:
- Central High School teachers and staff running afterschool programs, who are part of the Central community during the school day.
- Community partners that join the Central community only during the after school period.
- Schedule activities with afterschool providers, including appreciation events and opportunities for afterschool program providers to network and and.
- Create a safe space for students and staff during after school hours.
To Apply: Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Any selected candidate will be required to submit an application (including two completed references) to myAmeriCorps and be accepted for service by VISTA.
New Urban Arts is an equal opportunity employer.