We’re hiring a VISTA to support students at NUA Knights! Download the job posting here, or read on:
NUA Knights Student Support VISTA
Organization: New Urban Arts
Site Street and Address: 705 Westminster St, Providence RI 02903
Start Date: September 1
Reporting to: Tracy Jacques, NUA Knights Site Director
Yearly Living Stipend: $12,456 (paid bi-weekly)
Benefits: VISTA Living Stipend, Healthcare Benefit, End-of-Service Award or Education Award, Leave, Professional Development, Career Opportunities
New Urban Arts is a nationally recognized community-based art studio and gallery for high school students and emerging artists. Our mission is to build a vital community that empowers young people as artists and leaders to develop a creative practice they can sustain throughout their lives. In 2017, New Urban Arts worked with Central High School to launch NUA Knights, an after school and summer program specifically for Central students.
NUA Knights offers over 40 after school programs to students led by teachers, staff, community partners and other nonprofit organizations. Each year more than 600 students participate in these programs.
New Urban Arts and Central High School seek a highly motivated VISTA member. The VISTA will be stationed at Central High School and will report directly to the Central Site Director. They will also work in close collaboration with the New Urban Arts and Central High School community, staff, volunteers, and youth participants.
- Assist the NUA Knights Site Director in establishing and maintaining systems for day-to-day operations of an afterschool program.
- Design and implement systems for enrollment, data tracking, attendance, and reporting (including the maintenance of the Rhode Island Program Quality Assessment (RIPQA) binder, a necessary component of the evaluation process for RIDE 21st Century programs).
- Support student recruitment efforts, including the creation and distribution of recruitment materials and maintenance of social media pages.
- Manage communication with students and parents.
- Schedule activities with afterschool providers and coordinate after school transportation.
- Create a safe space for students and staff during after school hours.
To Apply: Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com Any selected candidate will be required to submit an application (including two completed references) to myAmeriCorps and be accepted for service by VISTA.
New Urban Arts is an equal opportunity employer.