Are you interested in empowering Providence’s youth? Are you looking for a position that will allow you to grow your skills in the nonprofit field? Would you like to work with a team of enthusiastic, hardworking, collaborative, and passionate individuals? Are you passionate about helping a nonprofit fulfill its mission through fundraising? If so, we’d like to meet you! New Urban Arts is hiring a Development Associate to help us reach our annual fundraising challenge this year and beyond! Apply today to start your career at one of Rhode Island’s largest high school after school programs.
Click here for the full job description, or read on:
New Urban Arts is a nationally recognized community-based art studio and gallery for high school students and emerging artists. Since 1997, we have served over 4,000 Providence teens and 200 artists. Each year, our public programs reach over 2,000 visitors and participants. Our mission is to build a vital community that empowers young people as artists and leaders to develop a creative practice they can sustain throughout their lives. Our core program, Youth Mentorship in the Arts, brings Providence public high school students together with local artists, building powerful mentoring relationships through the arts. We also offer summer programs and post-secondary advising. In 2017 we expanded to offer programming at Central High School through the NUA Knights program.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Excellent writing, analytical, and research skills are essential; attention to detail is a must.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and highly organized.
- A high level of computer literacy required; experience working with donor databases preferred.
- Ability to seek and synthesize information and communicate in a compelling and succinct fashion.
- Strong mentoring, relational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability and willingness to work collaboratively in an open studio and office environment.
- Organized and community-minded thinker and communicator, able to balance interpersonal needs with administrative deadlines.
- Ability to handle donor and personal information with sensitivity and confidentiality.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support New Urban Arts’ annual fundraising goals
- Report to the Director of Development and work closely with the Executive Director, as well as other key staff, board members, committee chairs, and volunteers.
- Support other New Urban Arts departments and team members as needed.
Donor Database Management
- Use Salesforce to process and acknowledge donations on a day-to-day basis (monetary and in-kind).
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date donor records in the database.
- Create mail and email lists for outgoing development communications including fundraising appeal letters, stewardship pieces, and holiday cards.
- Perform regular quality control tasks.
- Assist the Director of Development in reporting on the progress of the annual campaign.
- Conduct prospect research.
- Maintain grants calendar to ensure timely submission of letters of inquiry, grant proposal deadlines, and reports.
- Assist with developing and writing grant proposals to foundations and other grant-making organizations.
- Assemble grant requests, including letters of support, proposals, budgets, artwork samples, and other necessary documents.
- Assist in submitting grant reports as requested by grant foundations.
- Support Director of Development in planning and executing fundraising and stewardship events.
- Work with the Event Committee to help assign event planning duties.
- Reach out to local businesses for event donations.
Women, LGBTQ+, BIPOC, and members of other underrepresented communities are encouraged to apply.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and a writing sample to: firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Development Associate Position” as the subject. No phone calls please.
New Urban Arts is an equal opportunity employer.