New Urban Arts and Central High School seek a highly motivated VISTA member to join the team at NUA Knights. The VISTA will be stationed at Central High School and will report directly to the Central Site Director. They will also work in close collaboration with the New Urban Arts and Central High School community, staff, volunteers, and youth participants.
Click here for the full job description, or read on:
About New Urban Arts
New Urban Arts is a nationally recognized community–based art studio and gallery for high school students and emerging artists. Our mission is to build a vital community that empowers young people as artists and leaders to develop a creative practice they can sustain throughout their lives. In 2017, New Urban Arts worked with Central High School to launch NUA Knights, an after school and summer program specifically for Central students.
NUA Knights offers over 40 after school programs to students led by teachers, staff, community partners and other nonprofit organizations. Each year more than 400 students participate in these programs.
- Assist the NUA Knights Site Director in establishing and maintaining systems for day–to–day operations of an afterschool program.
- Design and implement systems for enrollment, data tracking, attendance, and reporting (including the maintenance of the Rhode Island Program Quality Assessment (RIPQA) binder, a necessary component of the evaluation process for RIDE 21st Century programs).
- Support student recruitment efforts, including the creation and distribution of recruitment materials and maintenance of social media pages.
- Manage communication with students.
- Schedule professional development and activities with afterschool providers.
- Create a safe space for students and staff during after school hours.
- Research STEAM opportunities and funding for after school programs.
Candidates should bring the following to their position:
- An interest and excitement to work with high school students
- Ability to work collaboratively both in person and on digital platforms such as Google Classrooms, Google Meet, Zoom
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to speak Spanish is strongly preferred
This is an AmeriCorps VISTA position. For more information on AmeriCorps VISTA, visit: https://www.nationalservice.gov/programs/americorps/americorps–programs/americorps–vista
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any selected candidate will be required to submit an application (including two completed references) to AmeriCorps and be accepted for service by VISTA.
New Urban Arts is an equal opportunity employer; BIPOC candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.