New Urban Arts is hiring a part-time Development Associate to assist our Director of Development with grant writing, our annual campaign, and database administration. Download the full job description here or read on:
Development Associate Position Description
Start Date: July or August 2018
Time: 20 hours per week
Salary Range: $20,800
Benefits: Healthcare and vacation time; contact for details
Reports To: Director of Development
Application Due: July 15, 2018
The Development Associate is a part-time position that works in close collaboration with the Director of Development to execute New Urban Arts’ fundraising strategies, including grant writing, the annual campaign, and CRM database management. The position supports other fund development activities as needed, including fundraising events and special campaigns.
About New Urban Arts
New Urban Arts is a nationally recognized community-based art studio and gallery for high school students and emerging artists. Since 1997, we have served over 4,000 Providence teens and 200 artists. Each year, our public programs reach over 2,000 visitors and participants. Our mission is to build a vital community that empowers young people as artists and leaders to develop a creative practice they can sustain throughout their lives. Our core program, Youth Mentorship in the Arts, brings Providence public high school students together with local artists, building powerful mentoring relationships through the arts. We also offer summer programs and post-secondary advising.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Grant Writing and Reporting
- Maintaining grants calendar to ensure timely submission of letters of inquire, grant proposal deadlines, and reports.
- Developing and writing grant proposals to foundations and other grant-making organizations (particularly those that regularly support New Urban Arts), effectively communicating the organization’s mission and programs.
- Assembling and submitting grant requests, including letters of support, proposals, budgets, artwork samples, and other necessary documents.
- Writing and submitting grant reports (again, particularly to those funders that regularly support New Urban Arts).
Annual Campaign and Database Management
- Promptly and accurately entering donations into database.
- Promptly and accurately generating donor acknowledgment letters.
- Working with supervisor to identify, document, and properly acknowledge rarer types of donations, such as matching gifts and gifts from donor-advised funds.
- Performing regular quality control tasks.
- Assisting supervisor in reporting on the progress of the annual campaign.
- Conducting prospect research.
- Assisting with fundraising events.
- Assisting with any special fundraising campaigns.
- Assisting with other fundraising activities as needed.
Experience and Qualifications
- The successful candidate will be able to craft funding proposals in a clear and compelling manner.
- Excellent writing, analytical, and research skills are essential; attention to detail is a must.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and highly organized.
- A high level of computer literacy required; experience working with donor databases preferred.
- Ability to seek and synthesize information and communicate in a compelling and succinct fashion.
- Strong mentoring, relational, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability and willingness to work collaboratively in an open studio environment.
- Organized and community-minded thinker and communicator, able to balance interpersonal needs with administrative deadlines.
- Ability to handle donor and personal information with sensitivity and confidentiality.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and two writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Development Associate Position” as the subject. No phone calls please.